Monday, October 31, 2011

Can't you see I have a sword?!?

Halloween, one of, if not my favorite holiday.  Saturday morning started with the Capitol Forest Scary Ass, a 15 miles "race" in costume.  As it turned out it was mostly our regular running group that showed-up, but it was still a great time!  FYI - I am Sam from Lord of the Rings, while in the parking lot a mtn. biker comment on my Hermione Granger outfit. 

Group (minus Herb) in costume
Saturday evening Matt and I went to a friends house for a Halloween Party.  I wore the same thing as earlier in the day, Matt went as a cowboy.  Honestly, both of our costumes were not super inventive. We waited until the last minute to come-up with ideas.  There is always next year.  Anyhow, after the party Matt and I headed to downtown Oly to check out a haunted house and the Thriller Dancers (as in Michael Jackson).   As we were leaving the haunted house a creepy guy in gas mask followed us and asked if I was headed back to Hogwarts.  Dammit, that is the second time I was confused with Hermione.  Can these people not see that I am carrying a sword?  Last I checked, Hermione did NOT carry a sword.  Instead of meekly walking away I should have pulled it out and chased him back to the haunted house.  Hindsight...


See the sword?
Sunday night we carved our seven, yes, SEVEN pumpkins.  As I sit here it is 7:04 and we have yet to see a single trick-or-treater.  Sad...








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pumpkin carvings are awesome! Great job. Now for the Sam Gamgee custome. Part of the confusion may have been you had a black cap instead of green. Also, my dear, you look way too cute! A little dirt here and there and some curls to the hair. Ta-Da - Less confusion for those not so "wrote" in Lord of the Rings" characters. Although using your sword was definitely an option to clear the issue up! Hope you had more kid's come for treats! Happy Halloween......
Mom