Sunday, September 5, 2010

Faster than a speeding turtle...maybe

I should first start by saying I likely have one of the best husbands around.  I was up at 6am Saturday morning to get in my run before it got too late.  Matt was kind enough to wake-up with me and spend his time mountain biking the same trails I was running.  If you know Matt you know this is impressive, morning is not his favorite time.

If the 22 miles was supposed to be fun, the 25 I ran should have been that much better, right?  Wrong!  Well actually, it did go better than the 22, however, distances such as these do not exactly feel wonderful while I am in the process of trudging through the miles.  It isn't an issue in the cardiovascular world or even so much a muscular problem, the issue is with my feet.  They HATE me.  I am graced with lovely pancake flat feet that have taken quite a beating over the years.  As it turns out this trail running business has been their greatest challenge so far.  I think the mix of rocks, roots and uneven terrain all add up to extra stress for my tootsies to deal with. 

Sore feet aside it was a good run.  I felt pretty good most of the time and was able to finish in a respectable time (for me).

Today was a quick 10 miler, I am surprised at how good it felt.  Hopefully this means good things for me going into the 50k in a couple weeks...

Stats

Saturday
Mileage - 25
Time - 5:02 (hrs;min)
Avg pace: 12:05 (min:sec)

Sunday
Mileage -10
Time - 1:20 (hrs;min)
Avg pace: 8:00 (min:sec)

No comments: