Monday, March 28, 2011

Of all the times I forget my camera...

Warning: graphic picture below.

As of lately I have taken an 'impulse purchase' approach to signing-up for races.  It seems I have found myself toeing the line to more races then I would have imagined in a very short time.  What started with an under-trained freak out leading up to Orcas has continued as I work towards my upcoming 50 mile.  In the past 2 months I have run the following:
  • Capitol Peak 17 mi Fat Ass
  • Pigtail 20mi
  • Orcas 50k
  • Gorge 50k
In the next few weeks I will add:
  • Yakima Skyline 50k (this weekend)
  • Capitol Peak 50 mi (first 50!)
Now for the kicker, my training has been less than stellar.  I recently read another blog stating 'everyone has a sob story at the start of a race'.  I couldn't agree more, it is true - under trained, over trained, sick, you name it - someone is suffering from it.  So, going into this weekends race I am opting to have a pma: I have had quite a bit of experience with the 50k distance lately so I am definitely mentally prepared.

Now it is just a matter of figuring out how to deal with my toes.  I have been hoping that my toenail would eject itself from the grips of my toe bed prior to my next race, so far, no luck.  Matt is pretty sure my toe needs to be amputated, what do you think?

The picture doesn't do it justice.
Now for the my missed photo opt.  This evening I went for a 6 mile run on our local bike path.  The path connects Lacey to Olympia and runs along the expressway for a number of miles.  It isn't what I would consider a rural location.  What should I see as I was tooling along - three sheep grazing along the side of the path.  I wonder where they came from??

No comments: