Sunday, April 24, 2011

Running into the ground

I have done quite a bit of running this spring, I think I am finally paying for my exuberance.  Yakima was a tough race that definitely has me re-considering my fitness level.  Since that race my knees have been bothering me quite a bit.  That coupled with travel has kept me from putting in any mileage the past couple of weeks.  

My running buddy
Yesterday was a beautiful day so Jacks and I took full advantage and headed out for a trail run.  Next Saturday is my first 50 miler and I wanted to get some time on my feet before then.  Wow, did I ever have a bad day.  On the upside my knees didn't feel too bad, however, I had about zero energy.  It was like my body hadn't received the message that it was supposed to be running.  I spent two hours vacillating between running and a slow shuffle.  Hopefully I got this out of the way and next weekend goes better!

Spring is here, the trillium are out!

Sun!

3 comments:

Amber said...

The only cure for what ails you is Taco Bell bean burritos.

M&M said...

I like it! Next stop, taco bell :)

Mary said...

Good luck with the 50 miler!