Wednesday, April 18, 2012

As Good As It Gets

The first week of April Matt and I headed to Aspen, CO to meet-up with friends for a week of skiing.  Something, I should remind, you that I did not have much experience with nor was very good at.  Notice the past tense.  Sure, I still am lacking in experience and am not stellar, but, 5 days of skiing with amazing people that were much better than me went a long way towards my personal improvement.  Instead of looking like a flailing rag doll hurtling downhill, I now look more akin to well...a slightly more controlled rag doll.

Even though the snow pack was less than ideal and a lot of areas were already closed, it was still amazing.  We spent five days skiing, of that 4 were bluebird.  Not too bad.  I had intended to write a witty recap, but, as seems to happen, I waited and will settle for pictures.  All of which were taken by the Uptons.
Some of us were more resourceful than others with
their ski transport.
Lunch - there were just a few of us...


Top of Cirque Headwall - double black ex (I'm pretty proud of
myself)
Me on Cirque Headwall - made it down without incident
Counting the bottles of tequila

No comments: