Sunday, October 21, 2012

I'm on a Boat

For as long as I can remember Matt has been trolling the internet (get your mind out of the gutter) for a boat.  I had been informed that it was wrong that a fish biologist not own his own craft and he wanted to rectify the issue.  However, if you know Matt you know that he is particular.  He knew exactly what he wanted and it turned out that there were not very many of them (used) available in the US, let alone WA.  Fast forward to a month or so ago, his dream boat turned up on craigslist.  This meant we had to actually decide if we were serious about making such a purchase.  A lot of hemming and hawing later we made the 4 hour drive to the east side of the state Friday to take a look at it.  I am pretty sure it was love at first sight for Matt - we hitched it up and drove home.

Without further ado I present you with our newest addition, meet our 16' Lund



Matt had meetings all day Saturday, but today we took her out to Black Lake (~ 2 miles from our house) for her maiden voyage.  The boat is great, I'll let the photos speak for our fishing trip.

Matt's perch

My rainbow





1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Well we can see who the fisherman (woman) is! Sorry Matt. Nice boat, though!