Sunday, November 4, 2012

Surf and Turf

Note: I am a little behind in posting.  This is from last weekend.

We have had a productive harvest this weekend.  Saturday we headed to the coast for the clam tide, both Matt and I got our limit in a short period of time.  It seems clamming is an all or nothing deal - either they are there or they are not.  The past two weeks they have  been there.  The weather on the other hand has not been - both times it was pouring, last week the wind was blowing so hard it was raining sideways.  I have to admit, this doesn't fit with my general idea of what a day at the beach includes.  O'well, it was fun. 

Nice beach weather, eh?



Sunday morning Matt and Jacks went pheasant hunting.  It was a success of sorts.  They got their limit, but did so in such a short period of time that Jacks didn't really get any exercise.  That afternoon we went fishing.  I caught a nice rainbow and Matt didn't land anything.  We both hooked a big fish that snapped our line, I am itching to get back out there and go after it!






No comments: