Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Bitch, get in the kitchen

I cannot believe that today is Christmas, where has the year gone?  Matt and I stuck around WA and have had a very nice day opening presents, eating and relaxing.  Which brings me to the topic of this post, presents.  First I would like to say that we had a very nice Christmas and were spoiled by family and friends.  However, I made a bit of an observation with this years presents - they fit a gender specific role.  This has nothing to do with what people think of us and everything to do with what we asked for, but it does make me laugh.

So, what is it that is so gender specific?  Well, Matt got outdoor gear: GPS, fly fishing pack, shotgun and I got kitchen gear: pyrex, blender, baking implements.  It is exactly what we wanted, but as you can see it is a bit sexist.  I guess this means you will find me in the kitchen cooking up whatever Matt manages to kill this upcoming year.

No comments: