Saturday, December 29, 2012

Maiden Sea Voyage

Today we got boat (I think she needs a name) out for her first foray in salt water.  We dropped some crab pots and jigged for squid.  Which quickly turned into Matt jigging for squid and me drinking hot coco and driving him around due to a snag and lost gear on my end.  The unfortunate part of my cease fish is that we did have more gear, I just left it in the car.   That slip-up coupled with a few other less than stellar choices (in Matt's opinion) has left Matt questioning my cognitive ability.  I assure you, I had a perfectly logical reason for all the things I did.  My cognitive ability is just fine thank you very much.

Matt did manage to catch a squid, it was pretty exciting!  We also got nine crabs, however, they were not the correct species so no keepers for us.  Maybe next time.

Check out all the ink

It was pretty cool to watch her change colors

Rock crab



No comments: