Saturday, February 16, 2013

I Don't Fart I Shart

I have been debating how much Jasper stuff would make its way onto this blog.  My initial though was not much since it is a blog focused on our adventures and then I realized I was being dense, this is probably the biggest adventure we have been on to date.

We've now been parents for all of two and a half weeks, that makes us experts, right? Not hardly...  But we have managed to keep the little guy alive and mostly happy thus far so we'll call it a success.  It has not been without its bumps.  In the past week we have experienced circumcision (which we watched, one word - ouch!), diaper rash, being splattered with every bodily fluid Jasper is currently producing, sleepless nights, scream jags, happy baby that is more alert, sleepless nights, weight and height gain, sweet baby cuddles, nursing pains, and have I mentioned sleepless nights?  I had no idea what to expect when this adventure started but I am loving (almost) every moment. 

You may be wondering about the title of this post.  Well, Jasper is a stellar pooper (is he going to read this later and get embarrassed?).  This is what has lead to his poor raw booty but it also has lead to another realization.  In addition to protecting yourself from arching baby pee you also have to look out for the fart because it is so much more, he doesn't fart he shart's and if you aren't careful he will get you with his flying farticles.  Diaper changes in our house are a full on assault. 


3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb Fandrick said...

He's a cutie. Enjoy every minute of this adventure! The tree looks great!