Thursday, January 9, 2014

2013 in Review

I'm not sure about you, but I recently looked-up and it was 2014.  What?!?  Not sure where this past year went, but I do know that I seriously slacked in the blogging department.  I'm going to blame it on adding a hairless puppy (as far as our dogs are concerned) to our family and trying to maintain some semi-balance of normalcy.  Now that we've gotten started on 2014 it is a good time to update everyone (all three of you) that read this about our going ons.   Without further adieu I give you a retrospect on 2013. 
  • We became parents. They actually let us leave the hospital with a little person in our care.  I'm still amazed.
  • Europa has become a pill popper.  Her wild and crazy puppy days caught-up with her and she is on an anti-inflammatory/pain regimen.  
  • Jacks has taken to lazing on the couch(s) during the day while I work.  Apparently his tushy is sensitive and cannot properly relax on the floor.  
  • We went to MI over the 4th of July holiday, our first time back in a long time
  • I did not get back to running as quickly as I had hoped.  However, I did run a 20k up Mt. Elinor in August.  
  • We went to Jackson, WY and met -up with family for Matt's 40th (!) birthday.  During this trip we also visited friends in Bozeman, MT.
  • Matt was sucessful on his CO elk hunt (elk roast is in the oven as I type)
  • I got a promotion at work and am getting more project management experience
  • Little man is sprouting like a weed.  His current passions include:
    • Dog harassment
    • Smacking adults in the face while exploring noses and mouths
    • Evading diaper changes
    • Exploring things he shouldn't be
    • Making his displeasure known when taken away from the above items
  • Our family spend the week between Christmas and New Year sick, no fun.
Baby toy re-purposed as a fort

No comments: