Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Tricks

Halloween is my (Mels) favorite holiday.  Costumes, candy and scary movies - what more could a person ask for!?!  However, this year the Klungle household did not experience any treats for Halloween.  Instead we got a rather unpleasant trick - our mountain bikes were stolen.   We had gone for a ride, it is currently pretty muddy out so they were locked up in the back of our truck waiting to be washed before being put back into our apartment. 

Someone decided that they are a worthless enough person to break the locks and steal our bikes.  I really hope we find out who did it, the joke would be on them.  I would be willing to bet they are totally unaware that they stole goods exceeding the $2,000 limit to be charged for a felony.  Nothing would make me happier than seeing the look on their face when they find that out!  Unfortunately, I doubt that will ever happen.  The chances of ever seeing our bikes again is slim to nil. Ugh...

On a more positive note below are some pictures I took with my camera during my Halloween trail run.  I suppose a better description would be a trail picture safari.

Even the trail was festive!

Water over the trail

2 comments:

Amber said...

Bike stealers really tick me off! I wouldn't be surprised if they knew the bikes were valuable, though. Someone cut locks and stole bikes off the rack outside the Tox Centre in the middle of the day a couple of years ago - the two bikes they took were the two most valuable ones there. My bike was not there, but would have been long gone had it been. Keep an eye on the classified ads, Craigslist, and eBay. If you're going to find them, that's your best chance. I wish you lived closer - I have two MTBs now, so neither one gets enough love.

Mary said...

That really sucks! And it is so frustrating that there's no good way to catch them. I hope you luck out and something does turn up on Ebay or Craigslist. Very uncool.