Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow and Ice

Since moving west winter has not been the same for me.  Olympia winters consist of relatively mild weather with a lot of rain.  Truth be told, I am not sure how much I like it.  I feel like something is missing from from my seasonal rotation.  On the up side I can be in the mountains with an hour of driving, which is really nice!

Currently we are experiencing uncommon weather for our area - cold punctuated by snow and ice.  I finally stuck my nose outside today to go for a run, I was in heaven.  Instead of being met by overcast drizzle I enjoyed a wonderfully brisk moonlight jaunt.  As much as I would love to see this weather to stick around, I know it isn't in the cards. 

I feel I would be remiss if I didn't mention how our current weather patterns have affected travel in the area.  Traffic is AWFUL!  Commutes that generally take 45 minutes are now taking 6+ hours.  So, while I would love to have the snow stick around, the Puget Sound area is not equipped to deal with it.  I suppose the sooner it passes the better for everyone.

In other news Matt's bike should be arriving tomorrow!  If so we are planning to get out for a pre-eating Turkey Day ride.

No comments: