Friday, December 3, 2010

Guilty Pleasure

I have it, I have decided what makes owing an e-reader so awesome.  You can get away with reading cheesy novels without anyone knowing!  Admit it, if you read you likely have a guilty pleasure - books that you are embarrassed to be seen with.  Books that you feel ridiculous taking out when you are in a waiting room or train station for fear someone will judge you.  Because, of course you judge other people based on their literary choices. 

I will be the first to admit that I am a voracious reader, however, my choices are by no means heavy literature all of the time.  Sure, I love the classics.  If you have been reading this blog you will have seen my previous post listing the classics I am working through.  But, I can only read so much "heavy" material before I need something "light and easy".  Not to mention my favorite genera is horror - this admission automatically puts me in the poor taste category. 

What drove this post you may be asking?  Well, I recently read a review for a compilation titled "Chicks Ahoy!" and I must admit it sounds hilarious, I want to read it.  One problem, they do not have it in e-format, only paperback.  This would have me toting around a book that has a scantly clad women on the front cover, not to mention the title... Oh, the humiliation.

No comments: