Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Wuthering Heights - Bronte

I am putting off writing about Hawaii because I am trying to determine how to speak of our family adventure in a concise manner - I will get there.  In the meantime I will review the book I read while on vacation - Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.

In one word - good.  I wasn't really sure what to expect and I was pleasantly surprised.  It struck me as a more grotesque version of Romeo and Juliet (for lack of a better description).   I suppose it may be more appropriate to say that it looks at love and hate and how those feelings shape a person.  I feel Heathcliff  (Wuthering Heights) is the male equivalent of Cathy (East of Eden), both are despicable characters.   Honestly, I am not quite sure what else I can write about this book.  It is by no means a favorite and I have no plans to re-read it at a later date.  But, I did enjoy it for what it was.

No comments: