Saturday, December 11, 2010

Here Comes the Rain Again...

Falling on my head like a memory...

Winter in the PNW = rain, lots and lots of rain.  You would think after one season of it I would be used to it - I am not.  Instead I repressed my memories of dark rainy days, only I can no longer repress it, the rain is back, with a vengeance. 

Today Matt and I went to Capital Forest for a trail run, we were met with loggers.  The once beautiful trail system we spent the summer enjoying is now a disaster.  I wish I had taken my camera to capture the state things, you can no longer discern where large chunks of the trail are.  Hopefully there will be some rehab, I need to check and see if the FOCF are having an event to address this.  If so I plan to volunteer my time.  I spend so much time utilizing the resource, I really should give back.

Did I mention that the entire time we were out the rain was coming down in sheets?  Yeah, it is that time of year again.  Fun!

The worst part of the current weather pattern (pineapple express) - we may not be able to catch our plane to Hawaii.  There is one route from here to the Portland airport, if it floods we are screwed.  Lets hope it doesn't flood!

No comments: