Sunday, February 27, 2011

Todays Workout

Did not end up being quite what I expected... 

This bridge is new, you used to have to wade the river.


I have been a bit of a slacker when it comes to running lately.  Mostly due to work (excuses), which  caused me to pick and choose what I would do with my very limited free time.  The weather has been pretty unfavorable, so I chose to omit running.  Not a good choice, ask Matt.  The beginning of this week had him telling me I needed to go run because I was becoming too much of a handful (it is true).  Plus, I do have a couple of races coming up that I should try and train for.

Fresh tracks!


I headed to Capitol Forest this morning to put in a 4 hour run.  I wasn't entirely prepared for what I was faced with when I got there.  We have gotten a bit of snow in town, so I figured that there would also be snow on the trails.  I just did not anticipate there being so MUCH snow.  At lower elevation the trail was in really good shape and the running was smooth, however, as I headed up the snow got deeper and deeper.  This made the going pretty slow.  In the end I did a lot of hiking punctuated with some running. 

It's deep, I swear


In the end this run ranks pretty high up as one of my favorites.  It was a beautiful day to be in the forest.

Happy runner

No comments: