Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Weekend Plans

I am getting read for the Orcas Island 50k this weekend.  I am looking forward to this race, mostly because it is located in the San Juan Islands and I have not yet had a chance to see them.  Matt is signed-up to run the 25k, however, whatever ailment he has is continuing to plague him and it doesn't look like he will be up for the run.  Hopefully he will still be able to make the trip with me, at this point even that is up in the air. 

I don't know what to expect out of myself this weekend.  I haven't run much in the past few days.  I got a news insoles for my shoes and the first time I wore them they did some serious bruising to my tootsies.  So, I've opted to decrease the mile I put on my feet until Orcas in hopes that they will feel better.  If not there is always Vitamin I.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Good luck and happy feet!

I bought a running skirt. MEC carries some Skirtsports ones, and they happened to be on sale, so I decided to buy one. I haven't tried it yet since the weather has been ok for running outside (but definitely not in a skirt!), but I do actually have a reason to be excited about my next forced gym workout now.