Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Agony of DaFeet

One word nicely sums up my feet - flat.  So, I am always on the hunt for the perfect shoe.  The longer distances (on rough terrain) that I recently started running has amplified my foot issues.  I haven't decided if the pain is related to my shoes or me.  I have two theories 1) I still haven't found the proper shoe...  The magical pill that will provide a perfect balance of cushion and rigidity (to protect from nasty rocks); or 2) My feet are not in shape and I experience muscle fatigue caused by running on uneven terrain over long periods of time.  No matter the cause I feel like finding the proper shoe could go a long way towards solving my foot pain. 

Let me characterize what I am talking about when I say foot pain.  Putting any amount of pressure on my feet causes pretty gnarly pain, resulting in my body deciding to take a lot of really small shuffling steps to try and compensate for the pain radiating through my tootsies.  This, I have learned, is not to my benefit.  So, I usually try to suck it up and force myself back into a normal gait. 

One of these days, maybe I will find a shoe that helps.  More likely my foot muscles will eventually adapt the the pressure I put on them (I hope).  Either way, I look forward to being able to run pain free. 

In the meantime if you have any shoe suggestions, please share! 

No comments: