Friday, July 15, 2011

Of all the Things I Swore I Would Never Do

I have railed against Croc's since they first came out.  Seriously, have you seen a more hideous type of footwear?  I vowed I would never own a pair, I may not have much fashion sense, but I have enough to know that wearing those things is just plain wrong.  And then I got to thinking...

In two weeks I am running White River after which I will promptly park my butt in a car to begin the drive to Banff.  We are meeting friends there for a bike tour between Jasper and Banff, it is going to be amazing.  Truth told, as excited as I am about the bike tour, I am more excited to see friends.   I am get getting sidetracked from my point...  Which is.  I am going to run 50 miles, this causes hurty foot.  Jasper and Banff are not particular warm right now so wearing sandals around the campsite is out, not to mention I hate mosquito bites on my feet.  The answer - Crocs.  Yep, this is my preemptive solution to what I am pretty sure is going to be some pain issues. I finally broke down a purchased a pair, I am so embarrassed for myself. 

No comments: