Friday, July 8, 2011

The Things I'll Carry

Tomorrow is the first of two White River training runs (~25 miles).  The meet-up group comment is as follows:

"The run will be 4 to 5 hours.   Due to blow down and snow.  Be prepared to be self sufficient as we cannot get to Suntop   to provide water and food.    Bring iodine tablets or water filter.   Nutrition bring a minimum of 1,000 calories. Be prepared for cool weather and bring sun block even if   it is cloudy you are at high elevation."

 Humm... not quite sure how I am going to pack for this one.  I think I can get by without the water filter, I plan to fill my bladder and carry a hand held, that should be enough.  As for food, it looks like I will be making myself some pb&j's tonight.  For good measure I purchased poor man's energy bars (pop tarts) at the grocery, I can only stomach so many cliff bars before the inside of my mouth turns raw and my stomach revolts.

That being said, I don't know that I have ever consumed that many calories during a run, any run.  It makes me think maybe I need to work on a better nutrition plan? 

No comments: