Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pushing Boundaries

I seem to have walked away from my camera... Lately I have felt like it is time to reconnect, but I didn't really have any direction.  Until now.  I have a plan, everything is easier with a plan, right?

Here it is.  I am going to do a 52 week project and the focus will be me.  Yep, me, how conceited is that?!  Here is the reason why, well actually two reasons.  First, portrait photography is something that I am not very good at.  This will give me a way to practice without complaining that I don't have a subject.  Second, it makes me uncomfortable.  I don't often have pictures taken of myself.  Matt isn't exactly excited to use a camera and I tend to shy away from it in general.  So, I figure I can push my comfort limits and make myself the subject.

Without further ado I bring you week one's photo.  The standard stick your arm out and take a picture.  I figure I don't have anywhere to go but up from here...

1/52


4 comments:

Amber said...

I actually like this photo. I'm thinking of getting a similar cut/style. I have had my hair that way before, and I really like it.

M&M said...

Thanks! I am so happy that I can put my hair in a ponytail again. Short hair is great and all, it is the growing it out that is really painful. Hope all is going well for you guys!

Amber said...

We're gearing up to fly home to MI for the holidays, which is both good and bad. Seeing family is good, traveling far and spending a lot of money without actually going on 'vacation' is bad. How about you guys?

M&M said...

That should be a good time! At least you are flying. We don't have any plans over the holidays. We just got back from Bishop and neither of us has any more vacation time. So, I will be working. Fun!