Tuesday, August 3, 2010

In my absence

I was hoping in my absence the blog would update itself with the rest of our wedding adventures, alas, it wasn't meat to be.  I will get back to it soon enough...

Recently I found myself doing a bit of traveling for work, first S. California and then to Louisiana.  California was hot but Louisiana wins for most miserable weather, the humidity is unlike anything I have ever experienced.  I would wake up and run at 04:45 just so it would at least be somewhat bearable.  The thought of the baking sun mixed with 100% humidity was unpleasant...  I returned back to WA towards the end of last week and was able to do my weekend long runs in the comfort of a hospitable climate.  At least I had that going for me because I felt terrible on the run.

As I mentioned previously I do back to back long runs over the weekend.  Saturdays are my longer run and Sunday I run 10 miles.  This week I switched it up and did the shorter of the long runs on Saturday, and my long run (18 miles) on Sunday.  Bad. Idea.  I felt great on Saturday, Sunday I felt like death warmed over - at best.  I just keep telling myself that it is good practice for the upcoming race...

No comments: