Sunday, August 8, 2010

Woo Hoo!

Most of my long and longer runs have been trying.  As in I am trying everything I can to ensure that one foot continues to move in front of the other.  Though these runs I kept reminding myself that it is these hard runs that make you better.  They teach you to push through discomfort and keep on keeping.

All those runs finally came together and paid off for me this weekend.  During Saturday's longer run I averaged 12/min miles.  Sure, you make look at this and thing, jeez, that really isn't fast.  For me though I am happy.  It wasn't a trudge, I felt like I was happily flying along the trail - a much appreciated reprieve from what I usually feel like.  Today was my long run and I really did feel like I was flying, I got back to the car and looked at my watch to see that I averaged 8:24/min mile - woo hoo! 

I am really enjoying training for this ultra, running has become fun again.  I don't care about how far or fast so much as just getting out and doing.  It helps that the doing is over the hill and through the woods, how can a person not enjoy that?!  The biggest thing is that I don't feel all the tweaks and twinges I did while training for a marathon.  I can speculate the reasons, but really, who cares?  All that matters is I feel good and am having fun.

Happy Trails!

No comments: