Friday, August 13, 2010

Running Roadblock

This past Wednesday I headed to Capital Forest for a 8 mile run.  I enjoy the trails so much more than the road, therefore I have decided that any running I do that exceeds 8 miles should be done on trails.   It was a lovely day as I shuffled off into the forest.  About a half mile from my turn around point I ran into (well not literally into, rather I stumbled upon) a mid-size roadblock - there was a bear standing in the trail.  I am pretty sure it was enjoying one of my favorite trail treats - thimble berries.   Bears do not worry me altogether too much, however, since I only had a 1/2 mile left to go I decided it wasn't worth trying to get (s)he to move. So I turned around and shuffled off to where I started.

A little bit of excitement during an otherwise uneventful run!

No comments: